IBD Experience Journal
The IBD Experience Journal is a psychoeducational intervention based on a narrative model involving the sharing of personal stories about children with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD), such as Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. This takes the form of a collection of personal experiences from children, parents, and health care professionals, presented in the form of stories, pictures, and video clips. The site represents the "collective wisdom" of these contributors. All contributions have been reviewed for appropriateness by a group of parents and health care providers and the site is continuously evolving as new contributions are added. The site is designed to promote the healthy coping of children and their families. You can browse through the four main sections and multiple subsections in any order.
- Service URL:
- Agency Responsible:
- Department of Psychiatry, Children's Hospital Boston.
- Intervention Type:
- Educational (primarily educational material or psychoeducation). Utilises narrative therapy
- Course Length:
- Long (more than 5 modules). Comprises four main sections and multiple subsections
- Support Option:
- No support.
- Primary Category:
- Physical Health. Designed to help with inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) such as Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
- Secondary Category:
- Target Audience:
- Child. For children with IBD and their families
- Open: No registration required.
- Contact Details:
- Research Trials:
- Research RCTs:
- Outcome Summary:
No research evidence on the efficacy of the site is currently available
- Recommended rating, reviewer 1:
- Recommended rating, reviewer 2:
Read more about Beacon's Smiley Rating System.
Research paper citations
User ratings and comments are moderated in order to assure the quality of the submissions. It might take a week for your rating to show up.
Login to rate this service.
Other user ratings
No ratings for this service yet.
Last Updated: June 5th 2012