Smiley Rating System
What do the smiley faces mean?
Beacon examines all research data and assigns one of seven ratings.
- There is no evidence at the moment.
- The evidence suggests the site doesn’t work.
- There is evidence that the site might work. More conclusive studies are needed.The positive outcome studies are not randomised controlled trials, or there is contradictory evidence.
- There is some evidence that the site works. One or two good studies support its use.One to two randomised controlled trials exist.
- There is good evidence from well conducted studies that the site works.At least two positive randomised controlled trials exist combined with other supportive evidence.
- There is very strong evidence from the research literature that the site works.At least three positive randomised controlled trials.
- Sign up!More than three randomised controlled trials.